The Olympic Committee consensus statement on load in sport and risk of illness recommends practitioners to use wellness data to guide daily load adjustments. The flowchart below illustrates the seamless integration of wellness and workload metrics into the load management decision-making process. This model can be applied with both session-RPE or measures of external load (GPS, etc.). While additional indicators (eg: heart rate measures, GPS, testing data) can be added to further refine the analysis, this simple and practical model can be used as a general guideline by any practitioner, to implement a best practice, evidence-based injury prevention and workload management program. To learn more about the metrics, thresholds and the terminologies used in the flowchart, please read this article.
- Germany Adopts AthleteMonitoring.com to Prepare The 2020 Paralympic Games
- AthleteMonitoring.com Becomes Official Athlete Data Management Solution Partner of USA Field Hockey
- AthleteMonitoring Just Got Better!
- U.S. High school teams turns to AthleteMonitoring to prevent athletic injuries
- New medical, health monitoring and injury surveillance module